Because this was my first time, I watched maybe a dozen videos about what to use and how to lay the tracks. One video suggested that if you use track glue (which I did) that you should place a shower cap under the wig cap so that it doesn't stick to your hair or the mannequin head, so I went that route.
I ended up laying the tracks in a U-shape starting from the bottom of the cap all the way up to the crown then I laid them straight across for the remainder of the cap until.... I ran out of hair. I proceeded to let the tracks dry overnight before I put it on my head. Well the next day I tried to put the cap on and it wouldn't fit. AT ALL. I didn't know what I did wrong until I realized that I had placed it on the mannequin head and it fit-perfectly. The wig molded to that head and dried and was now too small to fit on head with my hair under it! I was beginning to get frustrated so for 2 days I didn't touch it, and then I braided my hair back into two braids and tried it again.... it ended up looking like this:
::Can you tell where I ran out of hair? lol::
It was still too small, but I was determined to where it some-damn-where so I simply covered the front with a headband
Voila! It seemed to work that day, but when I wore it to work a day or so later the cap kept riding up and threatening to fall off; even with bobby pins securing it down :( I thought that I could cut the little section that didn't have hair on it and just do a quick straw set on the front section of my hair, but after I cut the dern thing it definitely wouldn't stay on my head anymore:
Welp, that was my first wig experience! Hope you enjoyed the walk-thru process, if you have ANY tips on how to make this wig better or tips for a future wig please do not hesitate to comment or even shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time!