Friday, October 26, 2012

Hair news: Fall/Winter regimen

It's not really cool here in South Texas yet (if it decides to get that way at all) but after my recent relaxer experience, it has been brought to my attention that I need to create a serious regimen that will correct any potential setbacks and get me on a steady path of attaining my hair goals in the next 8 months.

This is my current length:

Notice the see through spot in the lower middle of my hair.... PROBLEM. I do not want to have to deal with a setback that will cause me to have to cut my hair when one of my goals is to wear my real hair for my wedding! The only thing I can think of that could be causing the thinning is wearing tight ponytails/buns in the same spot. My hair had been giving me the blues last stretch so I wore buns EVERYDAY often..... guess who won't be doing that anymore? Especially if it's going to cause stress to my strands like this. 

I have come up with a sort of regimen that should get me through this potential issue and put me on the fast track to reaching BSL by June:

  • Wash every 5 days (alternate shampoo and conditioner washes)
  • DC with every wash (usually with heat)
  • Apply MN mix to scalp every 3 days
  • Moisturize with current product every other day (until it becomes to dry outside for it)
  • Seal ends with oils
  • Stay away from ponytails/buns and anything else that can create too much tension in my head
  • ATTEMPT rollersetting every other week
  • Trim/dust as needed
Also I need to look into some protective styles that could last a while, I tend to do better when I'm not able to touch my hair as much. From the pic, I gestimate being about 2- 2 1/2 inches away from APL? I'm really wanting to make it by the end of the year so I gotta be on top of caring for my hair. You know what's crazy? I used to be extremely diligent about hair care in the beginning........ now I'm really lackadaisical; that needs to change if I am serious about my goals.
 I washed my hair Monday and I decided to rollerset it:

 With the humidity being like in the 90's all week it did not stay like this lol but I do still have somewhat of a hair style...... Prolly time to comb these curls out some though:)

I will make sure and keep you guys posted on how my hair is coming along!! 

1 comment:

  1. Cute curls! Your new reggie looks sound, best of luck! =)

    ReplyDelete