Monday, January 13, 2014

My hair, currently

I realized, while grazing over the types of posts I create, that I don't speak on my hair too much. Not that anything extremely exciting is going on with it right now, but when your on a hair journey you never pass up an opportunity to talk HAIR!

How many weeks post: 5 whole weeks..... My stretch seems to be crawling right now.
Last wash: Last week by myself. Wanted to go to the salon, but at the last minute decided not to.
Deep conditioned with: Lekair cholesterol plus conditioning creme and Aphogee 2 minute keratin re-constructor (my protein DC) and sprayed some Aphogee green tea re-constructor on as well. DC 15 min w/heat
Moisturized: Herbal Essence Long term relationship leave-in, Castor/Peppermint oil mix, Elasta QP mango butter [ LOC method]
Air dry/blow dry/hooded dryer: Blow dried on low warm setting
My hair feels: Kind of dry. With the weather being all over the place lately (cold AMs with warm days and cold nights or vice versa) my hair is a bit confused, I want to pull out my s-curl but I can't be too sure if it's safe to use all the time.
What I'm loving about my hair right now: How full and thick it feels and looks. I hadn't seen my hair look like this in about a year.
What I'm having a problem with: Theses blasted ends. It's all old under-processed hair, so without heat it's a frizzy mess! Also, my hair is too short to put in a bun so I'm not able to properly protect my ends...It's a bit frustrating.
Any reason to do a style: Had a job fair to attend, so I pulled out the hot rollers I got for Christmas.
Current style: Mid-point ponytail..... #blah
What can be done differently next wash: I need to find a store that sells coconut oil; I want to use it as a pre-shampoo.

That's the 411 on my hair right now..... How is your hair journey going? Since it's cooler out, what types of steps are you taking to protect your hair? 

If you liked this post feel free to comment on it, and/or link up with your own current hair status post! I would love to read how your hair is doing!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment