Tuesday, January 7, 2014

21 day fast

Last year I discovered that our church does an annual 21-day fast in January. I had never fasted before so I thought it couldn't hurt for me to try..... They let us give up whatever we wanted and they also opened the church every morning from 6-8 a.m for individual prayer. Seeing as I have the WORST sweet tooth ever in life, I chose to give up sweets and juice.....I will admit that it was a terrible struggle for me at times during that 21 days but I made it and I felt closer to God than I had before. It was a great experience for me!

It's that time again so I plan to participate!

I worked over the weekend so I wasn't able to make it to church to find out details, if any, on when they will start the fast but I wanted to go ahead and start. I plan to spend the next 21 days meditating on God's word and seeking Him (more) daily while denying myself. I feel the need to be closer to Christ now..... to do His works, but I don't know what or how I am supposed to do it. Fasting may be the step I need to be taking in order to make things more clear to me. 


Pray that the Lord shows me some of what He has in store for me and my household!

Have you ever fasted? What were some of the things you did during that time? How did you feel afterward?
Please feel free to comment or link up below if you happen to be fasting as well!!


No comments:

Post a Comment