Saturday, August 10, 2013

So I'm married..... now what?

It's been a few weeks since the wedding and the hype seems like it's officially died down surrounding it. We're business as usual, both back to work and school for me in a few weeks. I tackled the dreaded name change game- driving back and forth and all over town to the different places to submit name change forms..... don't even get me started on the waiting game I had to play at the smallest Social Security office IN THE WORLD just to change my name on my card. I told Lewis he needed to be thankful that he didn't have to change his name and go through any of this madness I had to endure.... ish was for the birds. I digress.

After all that "excitement" was over, I was just sitting on the couch one afternoon and I found myself thinking:

"So..... now what happens?"

What is my next step as a wife? Where do I go from this point? Silly me thought there was this checklist that all new wives get tucked into their wedding bands to refer to. Nope! So I guess that means I'm wingin' it, right?

Since there is no special protocol to life after your wedding, I think I am just going to update my life. Yea, that's what I'll do! I need to anyways, and what better excuse to do that than getting married! What I plan to do is pick out a few areas in my life that need updating and make them part of my personal goals for the rest of 2013. I'll make it a series here on the blog to stay motivated and try to get as many, if not all of them updated before the year is over.

Time to shake things up..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment