Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wedding stuff- Who's being difficult?

It's been a while since I talked wedding stuff.... with school in full swing, the planning had sort of taken a back burner- until now.

I've been trying to sprinkle wedding ideas in with my conversation to Lewis for the past couple of days. Asking about groomsmen, talking up the colors and what all we want in the wedding. Well, we also ended up having an issue too. I had it in my mind that I would be doing the bulk of the wedding planning cause for 1) it's cheaper and 2) that's what normally happens-right? Well he thinks that I should just hire a wedding planner and be done with it; like not even worry about the planning part.

*Little kid voice* "But I don't wanna!!!!

I WANT to experience the excitement and stress of planning our special day. To be able to look back and say that it was the biggest and best project I ever did...... not say to somebody "Oh, my planner did everything we just showed up." I know planners do everything that you want them to do, but where is the fun in that for me? I'll be honest, it is a tad bit overwhelming but I think once I really sit down and organize my thoughts I should be fine. I will say that I might consider going to a consultant or at least somebody who has dealt with weddings before to help me organize and give a me a little guidance, but I'm not sure about the full fledge planner thing as of now.

Not to mention we got 479 days to prepare for the wedding altogether, not including the day of.... yep, plenty of time.

In the end Lewis just told me do whatever I felt, so I'm going to take a good hard swing at it and see what happens. If come the end of the summer it looks like I bit off more than I can chew, then I'll definitely look into my options..... until then, time to start planning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment