Friday, December 20, 2013

Relaxer update

Recently relaxed my hair after 11wks of stretching. I would have gone longer since I have discovered wigs but with my family coming into town for my pinning ceremony and my new growth becoming more and more unmanageable, I figured I should go ahead and get it done. 

State of my hair before the relaxer
Around 6wks post I purchased a bottle of MSM tablets that were 1500 in strength instead of the normal 1000 mg that I bought in the past. This was actually partly an accident because I realized I bought the wrong dosage as soon as I walked out of the store, but since they were tablets and not capsules I figured it couldn't hurt to take these and see how things go. I also started doubling my hair nail and skin supplement for the vitamin benefits. 

 Needless to say, by 9wks, my new growth (in my eyes) was CRAY. No amount of product would lay my edges or any part of my hair down... it only got worse as the days went on. It was hard to blend my hair in with the wigs anymore. 

State of my hair after relaxer
I cut it! Let's face it thouh: it needed to be done. After a long thought and reflecting on how the only way it would be a complete full head of even hair again was to even it up completely.... I just went for it. I didn't even feel bad! Best part about this is that now the underprocessed  parts of my hair strands are my ends so as my hair continues to grow, I can finally do away with it with each trim. I'm excited! My hair is so shiny and bouncy.... I miss my hair being like this, but most of all I've missed wearing my hair down!




Hair currently
It sits about shoulder length in the back and slightly above in the front. Amanda cut light layers all over to offset the portion of my hair that is still recovering from damage so that it didn't look choppy in the back. I'm really feeling cut, it fits my face and goes along great in this transition phase I feel myself going through... My husband approves it to so that's always a +!

Love this fresh start for my hair, ready to make great hair moves next year now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment