Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: A quick review

Well everyone.... here we are in the last hours of 2013! For me, there were very high points and some low in this year so I decided to give you guys a quick review of MY 2013.



  • I dove face-first into wedding planning, and busted my nose. Lol seriously, I thought I could handle planning my wedding from a distance on my own AND finishing nursing school. I was so wrong. After coming to terms with not being able to do it on my own I linked up with a wedding planner local to East TX and the magic was made!!
  • I got married!! In July I pledged my life to the man God placed on this earth especially for me, and I THANK Him everyday for my husband! Our wedding day was the bomb.com and will forever be one of the best days of our life.... The love we share is like no other, and I can't wait to see what is in store for us in 2014!

  • I started and finished my last year of nursing school. I am more than happy to be done with nursing school, these past 2 years have really showed how much perseverance I am capable of displaying. Even when I flubbed up and had to repeat a course (completely: lecture and lab) I stuck my chest out and dug my heels in deeper and did better that semester than I imagined. Then by the grace of God I was able to catch up in the summer and graduate on time! I was pinned  earlier this month, and I know I'll have those two important letters behind my name in no time.
  • I finally cut my hair. Yes, after subconsciously considering but consciously and verbally putting it off I took the plunge with my last relaxer and got my hair cut evenly. My initial plan was to let my hair grow out as much as possible and then cut in sometime in early 2014.... but I just got tired of it not looking as healthy as I knew it could. So chop! I'm rocking a layered little bob and now I'm currently dealing with under-processed ends that used to be in the middle of my strands. I can't wait for my hair to grow out more so I can keep chopping on these frizzy ends.
  • I am becoming more and more at peace with being alone. At the beginning of the year, I felt at times so empty and hurt that I didn't have many (or any) stable friends since coming to San Antonio. I used to make sure my friends knew how I felt about our growing distance and I would whine to my husband about not having any friends while he had turned his coworkers into good friends; It sucked so bad. As the year went on though, I slowly learned that as you grow closer and closer to the person that you were designed to be you may find yourself surrounded by only a few from your past or sometimes no one but your spouse. Its been bittersweet, but I am grateful for clarity. 
  • One last thing....... that I can't really share until next year but just know it's great :)
Overall I feel as though 2013 has been more than good to me and my husband and neither one of us can wait for the new year! I pray that we continue to be blessed and grow stronger not only in our faith but in our relationship to one another! Happy New Year to everybody and be safe tonight wherever you were going!

2 comments:

  1. Your wedding looked amazing. I'm sure the news will be worth the wait. Have a great 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!

    Best wishes for this new year.

    xoxo,
    Sheyla
    www.freestyle-moda.com

    ReplyDelete