Monday, May 6, 2013

O:AWE update

Time to update about how things are going with my "Operation: All wedding everything" plan! I thought about updating last month but then decided against it for some reason or another.....come to think of it, I don't really know why I didn't update.... hmm, oh well! Here's a recap of the month:


Hair:
I will confess that I have been slacking on baggying my ends, sometimes I don't like for my hair to be damp the next morning. I'd rather it all be dry and moisturized but it can sometimes be hard cause my ends just drink up anything I put on it...... and then other times I'm just being plum lazy. I concocted a pre-shampoo mix of honey, aussie conditioner, peppermint oil and some old deep conditioner I've been trying to get rid of; It's been working really good on my hair lately! I just slap it on and go work out for about an hr and when it's time to wash my hair feels amazing! Already noted to myself to continue to mix that up. Hair is still pretty uneven in parts and after recently flat ironing my hair I got the chance to feel/see the damage for myself. My hair is still growing so that's all that matters to me. I am planning to put my hair away into a protective style within the next few weeks and keep it up until right before the wedding.

Body:
I hadn't been accurately weighing myself lately so I can't really tell if I'm losing, maintaining, or gaining. I had a little issue with the gym at one point with them putting my acct information in wrong and not being able to take out any payments....they wouldn't technically let me come to the gym (which pissed me off cause it wasn't MY fault the info was wrong, it was theirs) so there was about a 2 1/2 wk window where I didn't work out. I felt all jiggly and guilty the entire time! Since then the issue has been resolved so I'm back full force trying to get it in. I'm battling a low belly pudge at the moment and looking for ways to attack that fat if anyone has any tips! I did get the chance to try my dress again, and it actually fit better than when I tried it on at the beginning of the year! So I guess I've been doing something right.......

Face:
This is an ongoing battle. Just when I feel like I am getting a grip on my acne, I get new visitors. To be honest at this time I can't really tell whether or not my scars are starting to fade...... I'm going to continue to be vigilant and hopeful though. I was given a tip by girl who used to have really bad eczema scars on her face to use honey and cinnamon as a face mask a few times a week to help fade my scars. I've been doing it for about a month, hoping to see any sign of fading soon.

Mind and Spirit
I've drastically changed my study habits and as a result, my grades have improved greatly! On the last exam I took, I was so surprised by what I made I hurriedly left the computer lab before they realized they gave me the wrong grade lol. I've noticed that I'm not being as negative as I used to be with school also. Great strides in the right direction! Still doing well in my prayer life, although I could always be doing more. I have been praying in detail for other lately and sometimes I'm so worked up for somebody else that I forget the pray for myself! I need to get into bible study; I just find it so hard to focus on. It may have to do with the fact that my mind is usually wondering somewhere else the entire time. I gots to do better!!

It's all about progression.

1 comment:

  1. Great to read your updates, Bee!

    I'm trying to get a grip on my hair too because my ends are a mess. I've added grapeseed oil to my regimen and have started using more protein so it seems to be thickening up a little. I started using this stuff called hair trigger too but it's too soon to tell if it's helping any.

    Eating healthy and trying to stay fit while preggo is crazy lol. I'm gonna start preggo yoga tomorrow and hope it goes well. Kudos on your progress with the lower belly too! Before I got married seems like I tried crunches and everything and I couldn't see any changes. But when I put on my dress for the final fitting (and the wedding day) the dress fit perfect and my tummy looked so flat lol. So hang in there girlie and don't stress too much about it.

    Sorry about rambling on and on in your comments section! I wish you the best in everything and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love and blessings,
    Dre

    ReplyDelete