Wednesday, December 28, 2011

House guests

Lewis texted me yesterday afternoon while he was at work and here's how the convo goes:

Him: What you doing?
Me: About to go get some replacement plates ( lost my license plate on the interstate few days ago) what's up?
Him: Just asking......
Me: Alritey
Him: My co-worker just told me he was coming over tomorrow after work...
Me: Why?
Him: IDK
Me: Wait.... that means I have to cook!
Him: Lol I guess babe
Me: O__o

THIS guy....... smh.


First of all, what kind of co-worker just INVITES THEMSELVES over to somebody else's house? When Lewis got home I was like " what sparked this convo of him coming by?" He just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders and then said "oh, his wife is coming too"...... HOLD UP. So you agreed to us having a dinner party? What will I cook? How should I dress? What if they don't like what I make? What if they look around our apartment like " they could definitely do better"......... I was freaking out :::in my mind not actually, I'm too cool for that:::


After I calmed down a bit, I decided that I was going to do the best I could with what I had. I can go pick up some meat to make for dinner and I'd cleaned up a great deal yesterday cause we brought back a lot of stuff from Lewis' apartment in Tyler over Christmas holidays. I still need to straighten up a little bit more and pick out something to wear..... What do you wear to these kinds of things? Can you tell this is my first time?  I'm so new to this whole wifey/hostess thing, and of course Lewis is going to expect me to have it ALL in order when he gets off without any of his help. 


Men.


Lucky for him, I'm cool in a short-notice-situation...... Right?


:)

I'll let you know what I wore and how everything turned out.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment