Friday, August 1, 2014

Updates

Life has been moving lately for me (in a great way):  finishing summer school and preparing for fall semester, transitioning from my old job to a new one (better, yay!) celebratin' and decoratin' lol. Here's the scoop:

School- Not sure if I ever made it super clear, but I enrolled back into to school shortly after finishing my nursing program. Where I live, most of the hospital systems are wanting to go "magnet status" and that basically means that they aren't looking to hire the ADN (which is my degree) they want the BSN so it's extremely hard to get a job in the hospital right now as an ADN. It wasn't my original plan to jump right back into school, but God has a funny way of doing things..... He made it too simple for me to get in, the course load isn't as bad as I imagined and the program length is incredibly short! So here I am, about to finish my first of 2 semesters.

Job- The last time I talked about my job, I was on a serious soap box about having to work so much! I was not used to working 40hrs 5 days a week (and I still hate it btw) but there were other elements of that job that I subconsciously didn't agree with as well that led me to continue to look for other jobs elsewhere- ANYWHERE. Again I feel like God stepped in and placed me exactly where it was time for me to be, He opened a door for me that got closed on two separate occasions by man. And when He opened that door, He had management begging on my behalf for me to get that spot! PRAISE HIM! I am truly thankful for the opportunity that was created for me and I do not plan to take it lightly! I am in this position to better mold my knowledge as a nurse..... you can call me a sponge cause I plan to soak it ALL in lol

Celebrating- Hubby and I recently celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary! Gosh I can't believe its already been that long..... Thankfully it's been a wonderful first year full of blessings and triumphs for us! My continual prayer is that the Lord helps us build on the foundation we have laid together. I can't wait to see what the following years have in store for us, I know it will be  nothing less than great :)

Decorating- We've been in our house for 6 months and it still looks like a blank slate. Blame it on my inability to make a hasty decision but I feel like if it's something that we are going to look at everyday for the next 3-5 years, I need to make sure I don't make a terrible choice. So for that reason (and lack of downtime) we are just now really starting to decorate the space. Finally bought and brought home our new couch, a dining room table and put down some hardwood floors. Still got a long ways to go but at least our home is starting to take form. Pics and posts coming soon!

Now that everyone is pretty much caught up with what's going on with me, it's time to revamp my blog!
But first let me finish this schoolwork..... see ya later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment